Friday, February 02, 2007

A Letter from Father Brendan Gibson, C.R.S.J.

Dear Toby,

Praised Be Jesus Christ
Now and forever
Amen !

May the good Lord Bless you and I thank you for all that you have done to help spread the Catholic faith. When I was speaking at your Parousian group I was trying to remember some music and now I remember what it was that I was trying to mention. Check out a c.d. called CHORAL MOODS. It is really wonderful. You can check this web site for it,
www.classicalmus.com

It's has two discs of a total of 40 pieces of music. On this c.d. you have to listen to the AGNUS DEI by Barber, it's what I was trying to point out for you. Check out the REQUIEM by Faure, this too will help give an idea of what I was trying to say about music and restoring the sacred by using what the Church has in its treasury of sacred music. What is you address, I told my superior about your group and he was really impressed by what I kept telling him. He told me to send some stuff for you and your group.

Again I thank you very much for all that you have and still do, and thank you for the privilege of speaking to you and your group. I was nervous and was hoping not to say the wrong thing or speaking as if I knew all that there is to know. I will keep in touch.

May the love and the devotion that you have for our Blessed Mother Mary and for St. Joseph lead you to an ever more perfect love for our Lord Jesus Christ in the Eucharist.

Sincerely Yours in Christ Jesus,

Fr. Brendan Gibson, C.R.S.J.

No comments: