Sunday, January 28, 2007

From Parousian Kim Monteleone: The Parousians Thank Father Jason Labbé

I never thought that my heart would skip a beat every time I hear the words of absolution uttered by a priest, but thanks to Fr. Jason Labbé this is often my experience.

In all seriousness, the Parousians have many reasons to thank Father Labbé, and his presentation on “The Vision of Man as Seen Through the Sacrament of Reconciliation,” is only one of them.

In his talk, Fr. Labbé rebutted the view common among many Roman Catholics today that confession is an antiquated tradition that is rarely, if ever, necessary. My favorite part of the talk was when he spoke about the psychology of reconciliation. I was able to better understand why Jesus established this sacrament to fulfill both our spiritual and human needs. “We tend to be easy on ourselves if we are only accountable to our own consciences,” he said.

Overall, I was impressed with Fr. Labbé’s love of hearing confessions and the compassion that he exhibited for individual souls.

Beyond this presentation, Fr. Labbé has offered himself to us in other ways. One Sunday, a group of Parousians went to see him at his parish where he both hunted and prepared the duck that was served for the meal. Now that is pretty impressive. “I was amazed at the hospitality of Fr. Labbé as well as his well-balanced demeanor. It was apparent that he was very involved in both his parishes as well as being very well-to-do,” Ryan Hallford said.

On behalf of the Parousians, I want to thank Fr. Labbé for all of his selfless contributions.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Well to do"? Maybe I need to get rid of some material things. Y'all are the ones who are inspiring! Padre Labbe'.